Leading the way
into the energy future
Leadership is what in one word best characterises the quality of the top experts and decision-makers at SolydEra.
They are leaders in their professions and functions. The top team provides leadership for the international teams of specialists. They make sure SolydEra, with its technological and industrial prowess, has an industry leadership role on the way into the future of energy supply.
End of 2021, in order to take the company to its full potential, seasoned executive and corporate strategist Martin Füllenbach was brought in as Chairman and CEO. He had a new strategy developed and launched its implementation in 2022.
The management team
Dr. Martin Füllenbach
- a German-born international top manager
- appointed CEO and Chairman of the Board at fuel cell manufacturer SolydEra in January 2022
- holds a degree in business administration and a doctorate in financial sciences from the University of Nürnberg (Nuremberg).
- worked at DaimlerChrysler Aerospace, EADS (now Airbus Group) in the division “Defence Systems” in Munich and Paris and Voith Turbo in Heidenheim.
- 2007-2012: CEO of the Marine Division and CEO of Voith Turbo Schneider Propulsion GmbH & Co. KG in personal union.
- 2012-2017: CEO of Oerlikon Leybold Vacuum in Cologne (now Atlas Copco Group) and Member of Group Management Board of OC Oerlikon in Switzerland
- 2017-2021: CEO of Semperit AG in Vienna, where he is widely credited with restructuring and leading a team that drove significant increases in the company revenues and profitability during his four-year tenure.
- 49, married, two sons.
- PhD Material Engineering
- CTO of SolydEra since 2006
- 18y expertise in fuel cell and electrolysis technology. Lead the development of SOC-based products from an early stage to a commercial deployment into EU market
- His ambition is to continue making technology more and more accessible to people
Mar van Sluijs
- 30+ years international sales career in metal, marine, energy and chemical industries
- MSc. Industrial Engineering & Management Science, Technical University Eindhoven
- INSEAD Advanced Management Program, Singapore
- CSO of SolydEra since 2023
- 1993-1999: Area Manager Nigeria/General Manager Vietnam at GEMCO Industries based in Nigeria/Vietnam
- 1999-2006: Regional Sales Director Asia Pacific at DAMEN Shipyards, Netherlands
- 2006-2017: Managing Director Vietnam/Indonesia/ASEAN, President APAC at VOITH based in Vietnam/Singapore
- 2017-2019: Regional Director South East Asia at KAEFER based in Singapore
- 2020-2023: Managing Director & Sales Director at SEMPERIT Group based in Austria
- Proven COO with over 30 years experience of taking high tech products from R&D to volume production
- 10 years experience working for large corporations, Thales, Nortel networks.
- 20 year experience of start ups, VisionTek, Ceres power, G24i, NGB, Qualus, SolydEra
- Founder of 2 start ups, one successfully grown and sold to US Company
- Built 8 factories from concept to full production
- Successfully raised over £30m of funds from venture capital, private equity and government funds.
- Global experience including setting up and running facilities in Singapore, Italy, UK, Germany, Canada.
- Technical expertise in precision electro – optics, medical devices, solar cells, waste to energy and fuel cells.
Giovanni De Lorenzi
- Graduated in law at the University of Padova in 2006.
- Master course on Advanced Studies in European and Transnational Law at the University of Trento in 2006.
- Italian qualified lawyer since 2010.
- Business partner attitude: always played in-house roles within different industries, from fashion to engineering, becoming a legal and compliance expert.
- Enthusiastic about Intellectual Property protection and contractual management.
- His contribution aims to keep the business compliant with laws and regulation, helping the organization to “make it happen”.
- His mission is to spread the legal culture within the Group, supporting the Management in the development of a legally and ethically sustainable business.
- Extensive financial experience across global organisations including several CFO roles
- Led project for establishing Shared Services centre with a scope of > 100 companies under service agreement
- CFO of SolydEra Group since 2019
- Focus on financial planning and analysis, financial strategy and IT
SolydEra SpA is committed to apply the highest standards of Corporate Governance. With the growth and the capital market activities, the management and board have set out to implement rules, practices, and processes at the level of a publicly listed company.
This concerns the controls and disclosure, sustainability, environmental and social impacts, risk management, compliance and ethics, and culture under the guiding principles of integrity, accountability, and transparency.